Professional Sampler TORAIZ SP-16
Firmware Update Procedure
Please download the firmware from the Pioneer DJ web site and copy it to a USB for the update.
USB flash drive to be for the update :
Please use a USB memory device (Mass Storage Class) formatted in FAT or FAT32.
How to Check the Firmware Version
- Turn on the power of TORAIZ SP-16.
- Touch the [UTILITY] icon on the [HOME] screen. Then [UTILITY] screen is displayed.
- Scroll the screen menu by a rotary selector, [Version No.] will be displayed the second from the bottom.
- Touch the [UTILITY] icon to return to the [HOME] screen.
Extract the Firmware File
Unzip the downloaded file “TORAIZSP16_vxxx.zip”. Below file will appear.
TORAIZSP16.UPD (**,***,*** bytes)
Please refer to latest information on the support site for asterisks.
Preparations for updating firmware
Copy the firmware file (TORAIZSP16.UPD) to the root directory of the above prepared USB memory device.
- Do not change the name of the extracted files.
- Please use a USB memory device (Mass Storage Class) formatted in FAT or FAT32.
Program Update Procedures
- Please set your TORAIZ SP-16 in status below.
No device connected (USB memory, LINK or Computer)
- Turn the power on your TORAIZ SP-16 during pressing [MODE] button and [HOLD] button.
- A message “Connect USB storage device into top USB slot” appears on the display. Then release the both buttons.
- Insert the USB memory device containing the firmware files into the USB port.
> The update process will begin and progress bar will be displayed on the screen.
> Do not turn the power off during the update.
> The update will be completed in approx. 2 minutes.
> A following message “Firmware update is complete. Turn the power off/on before using” appears when the update is completed.
- Turn the power off and remove the USB memory device after the update has been completed.
If the update does not start or a message “MAIN update file is corrupt” appears on the display, the firmware file will be corrupted. In that case, please download the firmware again. If you still does not go well, there is the possibility that the USB memory device has a problem. In that case, please use a different USB memory device.
If the progress indicator does not progress during updating and update completed message does not appear after 10 minutes, or if the message “MAIN firmware update failed” appears, please contact our customer support center.