Read Before Use (Important)
・Extract the downloaded update file for updating.
・If you should have any questions, please contact the Pioneer Customer Support Center.
This updater has been verified to operate on the operating systems below;
・Windows® 10/ Windows® 8.1/ Windows® 7
・macOS High Sierra 10.13
・macOS Sierra 10.12
・OS X 10.11
Note: Disconnect all the cables from the unit. And close all applications on your computer before running this updating procedure.
1) Connect your computer to DDJ-SB3 via the USB cable included with the product.
2) Double-click the update file. Once the update program is launched, select the language to be used and click [OK].
After selecting the language, the CH2 red level indicator of DDJ-SB3 blinks. (This means DDJ-SB3 is in the Update mode.)
3) When the version information confirmation screen appears, check the contents, then click [Start]. If the current version and update version are the same, there is no need to update. Click [Close].
4) Updating starts. Do not disconnect the USB cable during updating. Approximately one minute is required for updating.
5) When the firmware update process is complete, click the [OK] button. After this process is complete, DDJ-SB3 reboots automatically.
Note: Please note that if you fail to update, once disconnect the USB cable and start from Step 1) of the above Updating Procedures.
How to check the Firmware Version
Windows [For Windows 10 and Windows 8.1]
(1) Right-click the Start button and select [Device Manager] from the displayed menu.
(2) Open Properties of [Sound, video and game controllers] → [DDJ-SB3 Properties] and select the Details tab.
(3) Select [Hardware Ids] from the [Property] drop-down menu.
(4) The x part of "USB¥VID_2B73&PID_0019&REV_xxxx" displayed in [Value] is the firmware version. (For example, USB¥VID_2B73&PID_0019&REV_0101 means the firmware version is 1.01.)
[For Windows 7]
(1) Open Properties of [Start Menu] → [Control Panel] → [Device Manager] → [Sound, video and game controllers] → [DDJ-SB3 Properties] and select the Details tab.
(2) Select [Hardware Ids] from the [Property] drop-down menu.
(3) The x part of "USB¥VID_2B73&PID_0019&REV_xxxx" displayed in [Value] is the firmware version. (For example, USB¥VID_2B73&PID_0019&REV_0101 means the firmware version is 1.01.)
macOS, OS X
Open Apple icon → [About This Mac] → [System Report] → [Hardware] → [USB] and check the version displayed for DDJ-SB3.
About Trademarks and Registered Trademarks
・ “Pioneer DJ” is a trademark of PIONEER CORPORATION, and is used under license.
・ Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
・ macOS, OS X are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
・ The names of companies, product names and technology names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
© 2018 Pioneer DJ Corporation. All rights reserved. PIONEER DJ CORPORATION
6F, Yokohama i-Mark Place, 4-4-5 Minatomirai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama,
Kanagawa 220-0012 Japan