XDJ-XZ All-in-one system
How to check the version:
- Turn on the power of XDJ-XZ.
- Press the [MENU(UTILITY)] button for over 1 second to open the [UTILITY] screen.
- Scroll the screen by turning the rotary selector to show the version number on the bottom of the screen.
- Press the [MENU(UTILITY)] button to close the [UTILITY] screen.
Preparation for update:
- Unzip the .zip file on your computer. Unzip the downloaded [XDJ-XZ_v***.zip] file to find the following update file. XDJXZ.UPD
- Copy the unzipped update file to the root directory of a USB storage device.
* DO NOT rename the file name.
* Please use a USB storage device (USB Mass Storage Class-compliant) formatted in FAT or FAT32.
How to update:
- Enter the update mode:
Ensure that XDJ-XZ is powered off and no USB storage device and USB cable is connected. Then, turn on the power while pressing both the [USB1 STOP] and [RELOOP/EXIT] buttons simultaneously.
When the ”Connect USB storage device into top USB1 port.” message is displayed, please release your finger from the buttons.
- Insert the USB storage device containing the copied update file into the USB1 port on the right side.
DO NOT insert the USB storage device or other USB device into the USB2 port.
- The update starts automatically and the Progress Bar is displayed.
Both the current and the updated versions are shown there simultaneously.
* DO NOT remove the USB storage device or turn off the power during the update.
When the update is finished, the below message is displayed:
”Firmware update is complete. Turn the power off/on before using.”
*If the firmware version of the XDJ-XZ is the latest, the above message is displayed.
- When the complete message is displayed , turn the power off.
Follow "How to check the version" to check the firmware version to make sure that the firmware has been updated.
Then disconnect the USB storage device.
If the update process does not start or "MAIN update file is corrupt." is displayed,
the downloaded file might be corrupted.
In that case, start over the update process again from downloading the update file.
If the update process still fails even after that, please try another USB storage device
because the USB device could cause the failure.
If the Progress Bar does not progress and the update does not complete during updating
or "MAIN firmware update failed" or other error message is displayed,
please contact the Customer Support.
© 2020 AlphaTheta CORPORATION All rights reserved.
AlphaTheta Corporation 6F, Yokohama i-Mark Place, 4-4-5 Minatomirai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 220-0012 Japan