Multi Player Series
About the driver software (Windows)
- This driver software is an exclusive ASIO driver to output audio signals from the computer by using Multi Player. To use Multi Player by connecting the unit to a computer on which Windows is installed, install the driver software on the computer beforehand.
While using a Mac (OS X) installed computer, use the standard driver software already installed on the OS (installation is not required).
Software end user license agreement
is between you (both the individual installing the Program and any single legal entity for which the individual is acting) (“You” or “Your”) and AlphaTheta Corporation(“AlphaTheta”). TAKING ANY STEP TO SET UP OR INSTALL THE PROGRAM MEANS THAT YOU ACCEPT ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT. PERMISSION TO DOWNLOAD AND/OR USE THE PROGRAM IS EXPRESSLY CONDITIONED ON YOUR FOLLOWING THESE TERMS. WRITTEN OR ELECTRONIC APPROVAL IS NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE THIS AGREEMENT VALID AND ENFORCEABLE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO USE THE PROGRAM AND MUST STOP INSTALLING IT OR UNINSTALL IT, AS APPLICABLE.
1.1 “Documentation” means written documentation, specifications and help content made generally available by AlphaTheta to aid in installing and using the Program.
1.2 “Program” means all or any part of AlphaTheta’s software licensed to You by AlphaTheta under this Agreement.
- PROGRAM LICENSE
2.1 Limited License. Subject to this Agreement’s restrictions, AlphaTheta grants to You a limited, nonexclusive, non-transferable, license (without the right to sublicense):
(a) To install a single copy of the Program in Your computer or mobile device, to use the Program only for Your personal purpose complying with this Agreement and the Documentation (“Authorized Use”);
(b) To use the Documentation in support of Your Authorized Use; and
(c) To make one copy of the Program solely for backup purposes, provided that all titles and trademark, copyright and restricted rights notices are reproduced on the copy.
2.2 Restrictions. You will not copy or use the Program or Documentation except as expressly permitted by this Agreement. You will not transfer, sublicense, rent, lease or lend the Program, or use it for third-party training, commercial time-sharing or service bureau use. You will not Yourself or through any third party modify, reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile the Program, except to the extent expressly permitted by applicable law, and then only after You have notified AlphaTheta in writing of Your intended activities.
2.3 Ownership. AlphaTheta or its licensor retains all right, title and interest in and to all patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret and other intellectual property rights in the Program and Documentation, and any derivative works thereof. You do not acquire any other rights, express or implied, beyond the limited license set forth in this Agreement.
2.4 No Support. AlphaTheta has no obligation to provide support, maintenance, upgrades, modifications or new releases for the Program or Documentation under this Agreement.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMER
THE PROGRAM AND DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, AND YOU AGREE TO USE THEM AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, AlphaTheta EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE PROGRAM AND DOCUMENTATION, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, ACCURACY, TITLE OR NONINFRINGEMENT.
- EXPORT CONTROL AND COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS AND REGULATIONS
You may not use or otherwise export or re-export the Program except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Program was obtained. In particular, but without limitation, the Program may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any U.S.-embargoed countries or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's Specially Designated Nationals List or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Persons List or Entity List. By using the Program, you represent and warrant that you are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also agree that you will not use the Program for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture, or production of nuclear, missile, or chemical or biological weapons.
- U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS
The Program and Documentations are “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation” as those terms are defined in 48 C.F.R. §252.227-7014 (a) (1) (2007) and 252.227-7014 (a) (5) (2007). The U.S. Government’s rights with respect to the Program and Documentations are limited by this license pursuant to 48 C.F.R. § 12.212 (Computer software) (1995) and 48 C.F.R. §12.211 (Technical data) (1995) and/or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202-3, as applicable. As such, the Program and Documentations are being licensed to the U.S. Government end users: (a) only as “commercial items” as that term is defined in 48 C.F.R. §2.101 generally and as incorporated in DFAR 212.102; and (b) with only those limited rights as are granted to the public pursuant to this license. Under no circumstance will the U.S. Government or its end users be granted any greater rights than we grant to other users, as provided for in this license. Manufacturer is AlphaTheta Corporation, 6F, Yokohama i-Mark Place, 4-4-5 Minatomirai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 220-0012 Japan.
- DAMAGES AND REMEDIES FOR BREACH
You agree that any breach of this Agreement’s restrictions would cause AlphaTheta irreparable harm for which money damages alone would be inadequate. In addition to damages and any other remedies to which AlphaTheta may be entitled, You agree that AlphaTheta may seek injunctive relief to prevent the actual, threatened or continued breach of this Agreement.
AlphaTheta may terminate this Agreement at any time upon Your breach of any provision. If this Agreement is terminated, You will stop using the Program, permanently delete it from your computer or mobile device where it resides, and destroy all copies of the Program and Documentation in Your possession, confirming to AlphaTheta in writing that You have done so. Sections 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 will continue in effect after this Agreement’s termination.
- GENERAL TERMS
8.1 Limitation of Liability. In no event will AlphaTheta or its subsidiaries be liable in connection with this Agreement or its subject matter, under any theory of liability, for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, or damages for lost profits, revenue, business, savings, data, use, or cost of substitute procurement, even if advised of the possibility of such damages or if such damages are foreseeable. In no event will AlphaTheta’s liability for all damages exceed the amounts actually paid by You to AlphaTheta or its subsidiaries for the Program. The parties acknowledge that the liability limits and risk allocation in this Agreement are reflected in the Program price and are essential elements of the bargain between the parties, without which AlphaTheta would not have provided the Program or entered into this Agreement.
8.2 The limitations or exclusions of warranties and liability contained in this Agreement do not affect or prejudice Your statutory rights as consumer and shall apply to You only to the extent such limitations or exclusions are permitted under the laws of the jurisdiction where You are located.
8.3 Severability and Waiver. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the extent possible or, if incapable of enforcement, deemed to be severed and deleted from this Agreement, and the remainder will continue in full force and effect. The waiver by either party of any default or breach of this Agreement will not waive any other or subsequent default or breach.
8.4 No Assignment. You may not assign, sell, transfer, delegate or otherwise dispose of this Agreement or any rights or obligations under it, whether voluntarily or involuntarily, by operation of law or otherwise, without AlphaTheta’s prior written consent. Any purported assignment, transfer or delegation by You will be null and void. Subject to the foregoing, this Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties and their respective successors and assigns.
8.5 Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements or representations, whether written or oral, concerning its subject matter. This Agreement may not be modified or amended without AlphaTheta’s prior and express written consent, and no other act, document, usage or custom will be deemed to amend or modify this Agreement.
8.6 You agree that this Agreement shall be governed and construed by and under the laws of Japan.
Cautions on Installation
- Before installing the driver software, be sure to turn off the power of Multi Player and disconnect the USB cable from both Multi Player and your computer.
- If you connect Multi Player to your computer without installing the driver software first, an error may occur on your computer depending on the system environment.
- If you have discontinued the installation process in progress, step through the installation process again from the beginning according to the following procedure.
- Read Software end user license agreement carefully before installing the driver software.
- Before installing the driver software, terminate all other programs running on your computer.
- The driver software is compatible with the following OSs.
- Windows 10, Windows 10 Pro
- The driver software's installer includes installation programs in the following 12 languages. English, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, and Japanese When using an operating system in any language besides the ones listed above, select [English] during the installation procedure.
Checking the version of the driver software
Click the Windows [Start] menu>[Pioneer]> [CDJXDJ Version Display Utility].
- You can check the firmware version of Multi Player on this screen.
- The firmware version is not displayed when Multi Player is not connected to the computer, or when Multi Player and the computer are not properly communicating.
Installing the driver software
- Read Cautions on Installation carefully before installing the driver software.
- To install or uninstall the driver software, you need to be authorized by the administrator of your computer. Log on as the administrator of your computer before proceeding with the installation.
- Double-click on the Pioneer_CDJXDJ_Driver_#.###.exe file you have downloaded.
• #.### indicates the driver software's version.
• A security warning screen may appear. If this happens, check the program name and click "Execute".
- When the Language Select screen appears, select [English] then click [OK].
- When the [License] screen appears, read the software end user license agreement carefully, and if you agree, check the [I agree] checkbox then click [OK].
• If you do not consent to the provisions of the Software end user license agreement, click [Cancel] and stop installation.
• A [Hardware Installation] screen may appear during the installation process. If so, click [Continue Anyway] to continue installation.
• A [Checking for Open Applications] screen may appear. If any other programs are running on the computer, quit them all, then click [YES].
- Once installation is completed normally, the [Installation is now complete.] screen appears. Click [Finish].
Connecting Multi Player to the computer
- Connect Multi Player to your computer via USB cable.
- Press [POWER].
Turn on the power of Multi Player.
• The message [Installing device driver software] may appear when Multi Player is first connected to the computer, or when it is connected to a different USB port on the computer. Wait a while until the message [Your devices are ready for use] appears.
— [Can Windows connect to Windows Update to search for software?] may appear while the installation is in progress. Select [No, not this time] and click [Next] to continue with the installation.
— [What do you want the wizard to do?] may appear while the installation is in progress. Select [Install the software automatically (Recommended)] and click [Next] to continue with the installation.
— If [Hardware Installation] appears on the screen while the installation is in progress, click [Continue Anyway] and continue with the installation.
Adjusting the buffer size and bit depth
Multi Player functions as an audio device conforming to the ASIO standards.
• If an application using Multi Player as the default audio device (DJ software, etc.) is running, quit that application before adjusting the buffer size.
Click the Windows [Start] menu>[Pioneer]> [CDJXDJ ASIO Settings Utility].
- If the buffer size is made large, drops in audio data (breaks in the sound) occur less easily, but the time lag due to the delay in the transfer of the audio data (latency) increases.
- For the bit number, specify the bit depth during ASIO playback. Please set the bit depth up to the model as below chart.
CDJ-350, CDJ-400, CDJ-400-K, CDJ-850
Recommended bit depth
Those models are 16 bit players. Please set it to 16 bit. 24 bit signal will be converted to 16 bit.
CDJ-900, CDJ-900NXS, CDJ-2000, CDJ-2000NXS, CDJ-2000NXS2, CDJ-TOUR1, CDJ-3000,
XDJ-1000, XDJ-700, XDJ-1000MK2
Recommended bit depth
Those models are 16 bit/24 bit players. Please set it to 24 bit.
- Operate referring to the procedure below to adjust the buffer size and kernel buffer.
If there are no interruptions in the sound with the default settings
- Gradually decrease the buffer size, setting it to the minimum value at which there are no interruptions in the sound.
- Set the kernel buffer size to  and check whether there are interruptions in the sound.
- If there are interruptions in the sound, set the kernel buffer size to .
If there are interruptions in the sound with the default settings
Set the kernel buffer size to , then set the buffer size to the minimum value at which there are no interruptions in the sound.
Checking the latest information on the driver software
See the following website for the latest information on the driver software. http://pioneerdj.com/support/
About trademarks and registered trademarks
・Pioneer DJ is a trademark of the PIONEER CORPORATION and is used under license.
・Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
・Mac, Mac OS, and OS X are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
・ASIO is a trademark of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH.
・The names of companies and products mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
© 2016 AlphaTheta Corporation. All rights reserved.