About the Firmware Update Procedure
Please download the firmware update from Pioneer DJ Support web site and use a USB memory.
- To create a USB memory for the update : A USB memory device must be formatted in FAT or FAT32 (a device belongs to the USB mass storage class)
How to check if your CDJ-3000 requires the firmware update
- Turn on the power of CDJ-3000
- Press [MENU / UTILITY] and hold for over 1 second. Then [UTILITY] screen is displayed.
- The firmware VERSION No. is displayed on the upper right of the screen.
- Press [MENU / UTILITY] to return to the menu screen
Extract the Firmware File
Unzip the downloaded file"CDJ3000_v***.zip". Below file will appear.
CDJ3Kv***.UPD (*.***,*** bytes) Please refer to latest information on the support web site for asterisks.
Preparations for updating firmware
Copy the extracted firmware file to the root (top) directory of a USB memory device.
- Do not change the name of the extracted files.
- Ensure that only one update file is saved in a USB flash drive when you update the firmware.
- Use a USB device formatted in FAT or FAT32 (mass storage class).
Program Update Procedures
- Please set your CDJ player in status below:
No device connected (USB memory, SD Card, LINK or Computer).
- Turn on the power of your CDJ Player while holding the "IN/CUE" and "RELOOP/EXIT" buttons.
- A message [Connect the USB storage device to the USB port] appears on the display, then release both buttons.
- Insert the USB memory device containing the firmware files into the USB port.
■ The update process will begin and progress bar will be displayed on the screen.
■ Do not turn the power off during the update.
■ The update will be completed in approx. 1 minutes.
■ A following message appears when the update is completed.
[Firmware update is completed. Turn the power off before using.]
- Turn the power off and remove the USB memory device after the update has been completed.
If the progress indicator does not progress during updating and update completed message does not appear after 10 minutes, or if the message [MAIN firmware update failed] or [PANEL firmware update failed] appears, contact our customer support center.
© 2020 AlphaTheta Corporation. All rights reserved.