About CDJ/XDJ Aggregator
In order to connect multiple CDJs/XDJs to a Mac and use them as the audio output device for compatible DJ software, you must first create an “aggregate device” in the Mac OS standard Audio MIDI setup. CDJ/XDJ Aggregator is a convenient tool that enables you to easily create this aggregate device
■Compatible Languages Japanese, English, French
Creating an Aggregate Device with CDJ/XDJ Aggregator
- Download and extract CDJ/XDJ Aggregator archive.
CDJ/XDJ Aggregator is downloaded as a compressed ZIP file. Normally, this type of file is extracted automatically when downloaded, but this may not be the case depending on your web browser. If the file you downloaded does not have an icon as shown in step 2 below, double-click the file to extract it.
After extraction, CDJ/XDJ Aggregator does not need to be installed. You can simply execute the program as is, so place the file on your desktop, dock, or anywhere you like.
- Launch CDJ/XDJ Aggregator after you connect all CDJs/XDJs to your Mac using USB cable.
Double click the CDJ/XDJ Aggregator icon.
- All USB-connected CDJs/XDJs will appear as a single aggregate device under the name “Pioneer CDJ/XDJ.” Click [OK] to close the window.
This concludes the necessary steps for creating the aggregate device.
If you plug your CDJs/XDJs into another USB port/USB hub after the aggregate device is created, you will need to recreate the device. In this case, please perform steps 2 and 3 again after connecting your CDJs/XDJs to the desired ports. CDJ/XDJ Aggregator will delete the aggregate device previously created including one created by the older version of CDJ Aggregator.
Configuration for rekordbox (PERFORMANCE mode)
- Open [Preferences] > [Audio] and select [Pioneer CDJ/XDJ], the aggregate device you created, at the [Audio] section.
- Select [External] for [Mixer Mode].
- Check the settings at [Output channels].
Note: The asterisk in "CDJ/XDJ (*)" represents the order in which your PC/Mac recognizes the CDJ/XDJ. Note that it is not a deck number. If the output channel is not set to your preferred CDJ/XDJ, switch the CDJ/XDJ (*) from the pull-down menu.
Depending on condition of USB connection, you may be unable to properly create the aggregate device or either the aggregate device you created may not output audio properly. This may be due to a problem with the bandwidth of your Mac’s USB bus or USB hub where the CDJ/XDJ is connected. In this case, the problem will occur even if you do not use CDJ/XDJ Aggregator and simply use the native Audio MIDI setup utility included in Mac OS. Changing the location of the USB port or USB hub for CDJ/XDJ connection could potentially solve this bandwidth problem.
Configuration Example of Other DJ Software
This section provides a configuration example for TRAKTOR DJ software.
- Select [Pioneer CDJ/XDJ] aggregate device you created as your audio device.
- You can select CDJ/XDJ of the aggregate device as an output deck.
• rekordbox™ is a registered trademark of AlphaTheta Corporation.
• Mac OS is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. in the United States of America and other countries.
• TRAKTOR is a registered trademark of Native Instruments.
Published by AlphaTheta Corporation.
Copyright © 2020 AlphaTheta Corporation.
All rights reserved.