DJ Mixers [DJM-V10/DJM-900NXS2]
This guide explains the procedures for creating a system to use the TRAKTOR PRO 3 DVS (Digital Vinyl System) feature on the DJM-900NXS2. Basically the procedures are applied to other DJ mixers.
* For DJ mixers compatible with the TRAKTOR PRO 3 DVS feature, see Pioneer DJ support page.
* For further details on TRAKTOR PRO 3, see the TRAKTOR manual.
* Please note that the software screens and their specifications, as well as the external
appearance and specifications of the hardware, were still under development at the time
this manual was created and may differ from the final specifications.
* Please note that the language on the screens of the software described in this manual may
differ from the language on your screen.
Up to four turntables/multiplayers and maximum two computers (PC/Mac) can be connected to the DJM-900NXS2.
Here we describe the procedure based on the connection of two multiplayers.
This guide mainly explains the procedure for configuring the following setup as an example:
Two multiplayers connected to the CH2 and CH3 of the DJM-900NXS2 control Deck A and Deck B of TRAKTOR PRO 3 on a PC/Mac connected to the USB terminal A on the DJM-900NXS2.
・Connect multiplayers to the Line terminals of CH2 and CH3 of the DJM-900NXS2.
・Connect your PC/Mac to the USB terminal A of the DJM-900NXS2.
Audio routing setting of the DJ mixer
- Input setting of the DJM-900NXS2
Input audio from your PC/Mac to the DJM-900NXS2.
Select USB A for CH2 and CH3 input selector switches of the DJM-900NXS2.
- Output setting of the DJM-900NXS2
Output timecode signal from the multiplayer to the PC/Mac.
2.1 Install the DJM-900NXS2 driver software to the PC/Mac.
Install the driver software for the DJM-900NXS2 and the settings utility software.
For the installation procedure, see “Installing the driver software” in the DJM-900NXS2 Operating Instructions.
2.2 Launch the setting utility.
Click [Start] menu > [Pioneer] > [DJM-900NXS2 Settings Utility].
2.3 Select audio output from the DJM-900NXS2 to the PC/Mac.
Click the [MIXER OUTPUT] tab. At the [Mixer Audio Output] setting, select [CH2 Control Tone LINE] CH2(USB3/4), [CH3 Control Tone LINE] for CH3(USB5/6).
|●Channels of the DJ mixer and those of the USB correspond as follows:
●[Control Tone] settings of [Mixer Audio Output] and terminals of the DJ mixer correspond as follows:
Control Tone PHONO: PHONO terminal
Control Tone LINE: LINE terminal
Control Tone DIGITAL: DIGITAL IN terminal
As for [Mixer Audio Output], see [Mixer Audio Output] pull-down menu list in the Operating Instructions of the DJ mixer for details.
TRAKTOR PRO 3 settings
- TRAKTOR Setup Wizard
Launch TRAKTOR PRO 3 and select [Start Setup Wizard] from the [Help] menu.
① Click [NEXT] at the SETUP WIZARD screen.
② Select [No] from the pull-down menu and click [Next] in the HARDWARE CONTROLLER SETUP screen.
③ The DECK LAYOUT SELECTION screen appears. Select an item ending in “(Scratch)” from the pulldown menu, then click [Next].
④ This completes the Setup Wizard. Click [Finish].
- Audio routing setting
Click the [Preference] icon below and select [Audio Setup].
① Select [DJM-900NXS2]* from [Audio Device]
Windows: [DJM-900NXS2 ASIO]
Set “Sample Rate” and “Latency” to appropriate values.
② Click [Output Routing]. Check to ensure [External] is selected in [Mixing Mode].
Select channels to output audio of each deck.
L: [DJM-900NXS2 OUT 3]
R: [DJM-900NXS2 OUT 4]
L: [DJM-900NXS2 OUT 5]
R: [DJM-900NXS2 OUT 6]
③ Click [Input Routing]. Select channels to output audio of each deck.
L: [DJM-900NXS2 IN 3]
R: [DJM-900NXS2 IN 4]
L: [DJM-900NXS2 IN 5]
R: [DJM-900NXS2 IN 6]
This concludes the settings for the DJM-900NXS2 and TRAKTOR PRO 3.
Checking timecode signals
Play the timecode disc on the multiplayer. Check if the timecode signals are normally recognized at the Scope panel corresponding to each deck.
This concludes all the preparation.
For further details of TRAKTOR PRO 3, please see the TRAKTOR manual.
- Pioneer DJ is a trademark of the PIONEER CORPORATION and is used under license.
- TRAKTOR is the registered trademark of Native Instruments GmbH.
- Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
- Apple, Mac, Mac OS, and OS X are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- ASIO is a trademark of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH.
- The names of companies and products mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
© 2020 AlphaTheta Corporation. All rights reserved.