The CDJ-3000/CDJ-2000NXS2/CDJ-TOUR1/XDJ-1000MK2/XDJ-700 is equipped with an interface
that enables high-precision control for TRAKTOR series software (the TRAKTOR series)
manufactured by Native Instruments. Connecting these products to the TRAKTOR series provide
USB-HID control of the series without using a control disc.
These products can also be used as audio output devices for the TRAKTOR series.
These guidelines explain the basic operations when the products are connected to the TRAKTOR series.
Refer to the instruction manuals provided with the TRAKTOR series for further details on operation methods.
Connecting to the TRAKTOR series
- To connect to the TRAKTOR series, update the firmware of your multiplayer to the latest version. Please see our support page (pioneerdj.com/support/) for details of firmware upgrades.
- Update the TRAKTOR series to the latest version. Please see the Native Instruments website (native-instruments.com/) for details on system requirements.
- One USB cable is necessary per multiplayer to connect your PC/Mac to a multiplayer.
- When using a multiplayer as an audio output device for the TRAKTOR series, the followings are required.
Windows: installation of the driver software
Mac: installation of the macOS tool
For details, please refer to the page 5 of this guide.
Connect the multiplayer (or multiplayers*, if more than one are to be connected) to your PC/Mac
using a USB cable per multiplayer.
*Up to 4 multiplayers can be connected for the TRAKTOR series.
Using the Multiplayers as the TRAKTOR series Controllers
Switch on all the units once the connections have been made. Then, follow the instructions below
to set up each multiplayer.
Select [CONTROL MODE (CDJ)]. Press the rotary selector to fix it. The multiplayer is now
recognized by TRAKTOR series.
Press the [LINK] button on the multiplayer and then select [USB MIDI] for the [CONTROL
MODE]. Press the rotary selector to fix it. The multiplayer is now recognized by the TRAKTOR
- Turn the rotary selector to select the deck to control (A to D). Press the rotary selector to fix it.
The multiplayer can now control the TRAKTOR series.
Using the Multiplayers as the TRAKTOR series Audio Devices
To use the multiplayers as the TRAKTOR series audio output devices, follow the instructions below
to set up your PC/Mac and the TRAKTOR series.
◼ For Windows
- Install the driver software to your PC.
Please download the latest version of the driver for your multiplayer from our support page. (pioneerdj.com/support/)
- Open the TRAKTOR series, go to [File] -> [Audio Setup] and choose [Pioneer CDJXDJ ASIO]
for your [Audio Device].
- The multiplayer will be automatically selected as the audio output device.
If it is not selected automatically, go to [File] -> [Audio Setup] -> [Output Routing] and select it manually.
◼ For macOS
To use multiple multiplayers as audio devices, it is not necessary to install the driver software,
however, you will need to set up an aggregated device. We have provided a macOS tool called
CDJ/XDJ Aggregator, which simplifies this procedure.
Download the CDJ/XDJ Aggregator from the “Software & firmware updates” from our support page.
If the downloaded file is still a zip file, double-click it to unzip.
Follow the steps below for the TRAKTOR series setup.
- Connect the multiplayer (or multiplayers, if more than one are to be connected) to your Mac using a USB cable per multiplayer.
- Double click the [CDJ/XDJ_Aggregator] to create an aggregated device [Pioneer CDJ/XDJ].
- Open [File] -> [Audio Setup] on the TRAKTOR series and select [Pioneer CDJ/XDJ] created in the above step 2.
- The multiplayer will be automatically selected as an audio output device. If not, go to [File] -> [Audio Setup] -> [Output Routing] and select it manually.
- Pioneer DJ is a trademark of PIONEER CORPORATION and is used under license.
- TRAKTOR is a registered trademark of Native Instruments.
- Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
- Mac, OS X and macOS are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- ASIO is a trademark or registered trademark of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH.
- Other product, technology and company names, etc. mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright○c 2021 AlphaTheta Corporation. All right reserved.