Skip to main content

VOLUME control

There are three types of volume adjustments, with the GAIN (TRIM), channel fader and MAIN VOL (MASTER LEVEL) controls. What is the difference between them?

TRIM: Adjusts the level of the sound input to the respective channels from the deck of the DJ application or external device.

In general, it’s best to set it at the center (12 o'clock) and adjust if there’s a difference in the volume of each track.


CHANNEL FADER: Adjusts the level of sound output from the respective channels for mixing.

Normally, for the channel you’re playing, you’ll set it at the top position. For the channel you’re preparing to play next, you’ll set it at the bottom. When you're mixing two tracks, slide the channel faders up and down.


MASTER LEVEL: Adjusts the level of sound output from your DJM mixer to an external device.

Once you’ve set it to a level you’re happy with, it’s unlikely you’ll need to change it during your performance.


Examples of use

  1. Play tracks.
  2. Move the channel fader away from you.
  3. Adjust TRIM so that the orange indicator on the channel level indicator lights at the peak level.
  4. Use MASTER LEVER to adjust the sound level of the speaker connected to the MASTER OUT terminal.
Was this article helpful?