Turn on the [JOG CUTTER] button and you can move the jog wheel to create professional-sounding scratch effects (“scratch play”) with a section of a track.
To do this, follow the instructions below:
- Load a track and set a Hot Cue or a cue point.
- Press the [JOG CUTTER] button.
- If Vinyl mode isn’t turned on, turn it on before you press the [JOG CUTTER] button.
- Hold the top of the jog wheel.
The playback position moves to the Hot Cue point or the cue point and “scratch play” starts.
- Move the jog wheel to start “scratch play”.
Different scratch effects are assigned to 6 areas of the jog wheel.(*)
The type of “scratch play” changes as you change the scratch area by checking the indicator (Jog LED) that appears when you touch the top of the jog wheel.
*Six sections are indicated on the top surface of the jog wheel to show you the boundaries of each area.
- Release your hand from the top of the jog wheel.
“Scratch play” stops and the track continues to play as normal from the Hot Cue/cue point.
- “Scratch play” starts from the current playback position if [Jumps to the last played HOT CUE/CUE point.] isn’t selected in [Preferences] > [Controller] > [Deck] > [JOG CUTTER].