The driver software may not have been properly installed.
Either change the filename (DDJ-1000_x.xxx.exe) of the driver software's installer and install again, or check as described below and then reinstall.
- Disconnect the DDJ-1000 from the USB port.
Do not connect the DDJ-1000 via USB until the driver software is reinstalled.
- Uninstall the driver software and restart the computer.
- Right-click the installer file of the driver software and open its properties.
- Click the "Compatibility" tab and then click "Display the settings of all users".
- In Compatibility mode, check if the "Run this program in the compatibility mode" check box is selected. If it is selected, deselect the check box and click "OK".